55000-65000 Per Annum
7 months ago
Location: Croydon, London
Salary: £55k - £65k plus company car allowance
A specialist Manufacturing company who product intelligent, bespoke and innovative products now requires a Purchasing Manager to join their team.
The Purchasing Manager role is a key member of the operations management team and is directly responsible for the Purchasing and Logistics operations.
Reporting into the Operations Manager locally but also with a functional reporting line into the group purchasing structure the role offers the successful candidate opportunities at a local and regional level to work in a truly global organisation.
Candidates must have experience of working within an engineering environment in a senior purchasing role.
Purchasing Manager - Core Responsibilities
- Strategic management of all aspects of materials management
- Management of purchasing & logistics personnel on a day to day basis ensuring performance levels match the levels expected.
- Responsible for continued focus on minimising inventory levels based on improved purchasing policies.
- Ensure materials supply is co-ordinated and is linked to customer requirements i.e. parts are available when required and then picking/dispatching is timely and accurate.
- Management and development of the suppliers of our low volume, highly bespoke engineered components, mainly from highly skilled machine shops and tool rooms.
- Develop partnerships internally with our parent group in Germany to manage our supply of parts in an efficient and timely manner
- Control MRP and consequent materials purchasing and rescheduling working in conjunction with our Sales teams and Production Controllers.
- Represent the UK business in global Purchasing and Logistics initiatives leading and supporting projects as required
- Use continuous improvement techniques to improve department performance
- Maintain accuracy of inventory levels via good stores practices and confirm via cycle counting. Ensure suitability of storage methods for product preservation.
- Keep distribution costs under review and at all times ensure the optimum balance of performance, flexibility and cost is achieved from our distribution partners
- Optimise imports to minimise customs costs
- Work with the quality department to ensure speedy and detailed resolutions to supplier quality issues are delivered within our non-conformance process.
- Work within commercial conditions set by the company.
Purchasing Manager - Key Competencies
The ideal candidate must come from a Manufacturing background as a Purchasing Manager
You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Degree qualified and membership of CIPS would be an advantage.
- Extensive experience of purchasing low volume engineered parts from a range of machine shops would be a distinct advantage.
- Significant experience in a purchasing role, preferably at a leadership level
- An Engineering background or experience of working within an engineering environment is essential.
- Good all round communication and IT skills including knowledge of MRP systems is essential
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Analytical ability (costing, finance and performance)
- Candidates must have experience of working within an engineering environment in a senior purchasing role
Purchasing Manager - Benefits Package
- Salary Bracket £55k - £65k (dependent on experience)
- Car Allowance
- 20 days holiday (pro rata)
- Annual Bonus (pro rata on year of joining)
- Life Assurance
- Pensions 3% EE and 6% ER
- Private Health Care
- Dental Scheme
- Other Benefits
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.