24000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
5 months ago
Salary: Circa £24k
Well established and local manufacturer are looking for a Purchasing Officer to join their team.
Purchasing Officer - Job Role:
- Control of the Company’s supplier base including all logistical aspects of supply of direct (ie production related) materials, consumables and services, including service providers such as subcontractors.
- Place purchase orders to correct specification, terms and lead times and reconcile pricing, quantity and other relevant details of deliveries received to these orders.
- Ensure timely supplier deliveries, again to correct terms and specifications.
- Liaise with suppliers regarding quality, shortage, or other rejections/non-conformances.
- Monitor call-off stock held for the Company by distributors/stockists to ensure ongoing availability.
- Obtain optimum price/commercial terms in relation to all direct purchases.
- As necessary, assess current and potential suppliers for performance/suitability.
- Participate fully in the production planning process, liaising closely with production management with regard to delivery schedules and the timing of production and delivery needs and attending planning meetings as required.
- Monitoring and controlling stock levels, agreeing minimum and maximum stock and reorder levels etc. and optimising the Company’s bespoke stock control systems.
- Prevent production downtime/stoppages caused by stockout through timely ordering of required materials and subcontract services
- Minimise overall bought in costs through sourcing/negotiation of new suppliers and/or improved supplier terms.
- Optimise efficiency and minimise stock turn through continuous monitoring of inventory levels and close control and management of supply chain.
Purchasing Officer – Person Requirements:
- Previous purchasing knowledge and experience
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Logistics/expediting experience is advantageous
- Highly organised and motivated with an ability to work on own initiative