25000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 2 years ago
Quality Control Technician
Location Information - Hoyland
A local mobile elevating work platform manufacturer is now looking for a Quality Control Technician to join their team.
Quality Control Technician - Overall purpose of the role will be to provide Quality Control support to Manufacturing areas, conduct inspection, collect measurement data, and ensure quality control documents are available to operators.
Quality Control Technician - Key Accountabilities
* Provide support to assigned Production areas to control in-process quality, identify and report non-conforming product and assist in the repair/rework process to reduce scrappage of non-conforming products.
* Support the QA Engineer in determining root cause of defects and action preventative improvement tasks assigned, including the utilisation of practical problem solving / 8D methods;
* Monitor & audit in-process quality control systems to ensure accuracy of data collection and early response to process deviation from AQL's (Acceptable Quality Limits);
* Assist in the development of Quality Control Procedures; SPC, X-Bar/R charts and Quality Control Plans, monitor and audit accuracy of data and completed documents, reporting any issues to the Team Leader;
* Provide measurement data for in process quality performance to QA Engineers for the analysis of process capability and processing trends;
* Conduct Pre-delivery inspection (PDI) of completed Chassis and Sections to ensure effective containment of non-conforming parts;
Quality Control Technician - Qualifications and Experience
* Experience in manufacturing practices; Welding/Fabrication, CNC Machining, Assembly, Finishing Processes and Pressing;
* Accredited inspector qualification, e.g. PCN level 1 for welding inspection;
* Ability to use basic measuring equipment, e.g. Vernier, bore micrometre, bore gauges and Go/No Go gauges etc.;
* Ability to use CMM (Faro Arm) devices desirable;
* Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings;
* Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2008)
For more information please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.