35000-40000 Per Annum
over 1 year ago
Salary: Circa £35k - £40k pro-rata
Position type: Part Time 2/3 days per week with the potential to become permanent
A local metal fabrication company are now looking for a Quality Engineer to join their team.
Quality Engineer - Position:
- This is a brand new position working on a part time basis due to the company going through a growth phase. There is a real possibility that this position could become permanent if they keep seeing the growth the are experiencing now.
- The role will be to review the companies current Quality Processes and implement quality improvements using quality tools and techniques such as SPC, first off inspections, last off inspections etc.
- This is a great position for you to really make a difference and put your own stamp onto the role.
- Work closely with production to address quality concerns as they arise.
- Ensure that any corrective actions introduced are effective and remain so.
- Liaise with the Design Team on a daily basis to address any build issues which may arise during production.
- Maintain the Quality Systems which already exist.
- Introduce new procedures/processes in liaison with the Quality Manager and other departments where applicable.
- Carry out internal audits as per the schedule.
- Be able to develop work instructions
Quality Engineer - The Person:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Quality
Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a recognised engineering qualification such as HNC, HND or BEng
- Ideally have a metal manufacturing background such as fabrication, sheet metal or
- Similar although other industries will also be considered.
- Have a strong engineering background and also able to read and interpret drawings
- Competent Problem-Solving Skills
- Quality Trained with a good understanding of ISO9001:2015
- Ability to establish Internal Quality Standards and meet customer expectations.
- Trained to carry out internal audits as per the ISO9001:2015 standard.
- Excellent document control.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.