37000-43000 Per Annum
15 days ago
Paul Gorton DipRP
Salary: Circa £40k
A local precision machining company now requires a Quality Engineer to join their team.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will be able to hit the ground running with vast experience within quality engineering in a precision machining company.
You will be ensuring high quality output by utilising recognised techniques such as Poka-Yoke and Lean methodologies.
Quality Engineer Position Overview:
• Review of customer requirement on specifications, CAD Data and Drawings. Support front end project and DFM reviews to ensure feasibility and quality directives are achievable.
• Coordinate PFMEA reviews and generate the necessary Control Plans and Work Instructions. Interpret and apply industry relevant standards as required Liaise with customers to gain approval of PPAP, PSW Co-ordinating measurement activity of product to present to customer such as, ISIR, Capability Studies and MSA.
• Supporting pre-production trials and builds to ensure a production process with a high-quality output Coordinating 8D investigations using problem solving tools.
• Work cross-functionally with other areas of the business, at all levels Interfacing with customer on quality issues, measurement reports and concessions.
• QMS interaction (NCR, Concessions, Change management, audit etc.).
• Generate and report quality performance metrics Day to day quality support for all projects (overall product verification) Lead quality improvement programmes.
• Be a quality point of contact for certain customers Help to drive continuous improvement Assist in departmental management in the absence of management Involvement as required in 3rd party audits.
• Create and maintain quality documentation and records relevant to project, customer and business requirements.
Quality Engineer- job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Quality Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
Hold a recognised engineering qualification such as HNC, HND or BEng
Experience of setting up Quality Processes
Experience of working within a precision machining background and working to tight tolerances
Experience with CMM Machinery
A strong understanding of Metals – Stainless Steel & Aluminium
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.