30000-35000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
6 months ago
Salary: Circa £30k - £35k
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading Automotive Manufacturing company as their Quality Engineer.
Quality Engineer – Job Summary:
To ensure the business produces product to the appropriate engineering and quality standards to ensure that our product works safely and effectively for the life of the product. This will be achieved through appropriate testing of the product and clear and concise documentation at the production facilities. Working within the team to reduce warranty returns by root cause analysis driving through the improvements and recording the results.
Reporting on a monthly base all KPIs and activity plans/actions.
Quality Engineer – Principle areas of responsibilities:
Warranty analysis, reporting and improvement activity.
Customer feedback on warranty issues.
Product quality, manufacturing processes and testing.
Goods in inspection.
Supplier approval and development.
Quality Engineer – Job Role:
• Deliver the Quality strategy for the business unit that supports our product quality ensuring that product is brought to market in line with business aspirations
• Working closely with the Quality Systems Manager to ensure Quality processes are reviewed regularly and maintained to the correct standard at all times
• To ensure that all documentation used on the shop floor is accurate and reflects current production methods
• With the Quality Systems Manager regularly review new Quality measures that can reduce cost
• Focus on establishing rout cause and subsequent closure of outstanding customer concerns
• Liaise with customers on warranty return through use of 8d’s and other quality tools to demonstrate continuous improvement and permanently eliminating problems.
• Encourage employee participation in the continuous improvement philosophy
• Report business performance (Quality) and implement actions to address issues
• Manage, support and motivate employees to ensure a engaged and committed workforce at all times
• Train and develop employees within the manufacturing team and wider business context to allow for full functional and competent staff
Quality Engineer – Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the Aerospace Manufacturing Industry as a Quality Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications or experience:
• Hold an engineering qualification such as HNC, HND or BEng
• Experience with quality tools such as 8D, PPAP, APQP, SPC etc
• Ideally have a strong understand of lean tools and techniques
• Have a strong manufacturing background ideally in the Automotive Industry
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.