0161 976 3540
about 1 month ago
Salary: Circa £35k
searching for a Quality Engineer to join the existing team to providing support and expert knowledge across the business in all areas of the electronics manufacturing environment ensuring compliance with build standards for a variety of major OEM’s.
- Ensure product is manufactured to the required quality standards.
- Promote the company’s “right first time” policy eliminating failures whilst maximising efficiency of the manufacturing process and ensuring adherence to all aspects of the company’s accreditations and customer requirements.
- Effectively manage the Corrective and Preventive action process, co-coordinating CAR root causes and corrective actions for both in-house and customer returns (RMA) and complaints, with follow up checks to verify implementation.
- Provide monthly quality reports to the Management team including KPI’s for quality objectives, results of audits and statistical analysis to monitor and identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Identify and implement potential improvements, including cost reduction and yield or process improvements; lead/participate in continuous improvement team activity meetings.
- Be the Customer Liaison for product quality within the internal customer focus teams.
- Supervise skills matrix assessments and training.
- Liaise with engineering on the NPI process ensuring quality of build data / instructions and product configuration, provide quality feedback to the customer and inspection staging within the manufacturing process and defining quality plans.
- Liaise with Logistics Team on supplier quality and assessments.
- To represent the client at business reviews, customer conference calls as required, providing accurate and up-to-date quality data, and managing any customer issues to resolution in timeframe specified and to customers satisfaction, ensuring clear and timely communication.
- Ensure all processes are stringently adhered to, any gaps or process improvements should be reviewed with relevant departments / personnel & effective remedial actions taken in a timely manner including updating supporting documentation in QMS.
- Act as deputy in absence of the Quality Manager.
Skills and experience:
- Experience of a manufacturing environment (preferably Contract Electronics Manufacture).
- Understanding and experience of IPC-A 610 / IPC 7711/7712, BS EN 9100 & ISO 13485.
- requirements, and internal auditing (trained) to these standards.
- Proven experience in a Quality role.
- Experienced in carrying out internal Audits.
- Experienced in the use of Root Cause Analysis techniques.
- Proven experience in lean manufacturing, FMEA / Risk assessments, supply chain.
- development, Kaizen and 5s programs in a customer focused, dynamic electronic controls.
- manufacturing facility.
What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays.
- Company pension.
- Free parking.
- BUPA healthcare.
- Life Insurance.
- Career Enhancement.
For more information, please call Ethan Aldcroft-Pearce on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.