35000-40000 Per Annum
9 days ago
Paul Gorton DipRP
Salary: Circa £35k - £40k
A local, plastic extrusion manufacturing company are now looking to recruit a Quality Engineer to join their team.
Quality Engineer – Job Role:
- Check production samples from the two hourly checks for any dimension, function and colour issues
- and address if necessary.
- Fill out a non-conforming product form if required.
- Inspect current production for any issues and address if necessary with the shift leader/operators.
- Log down colour readings from the process sheets.
- Cut samples in preparation for the B.S.I physical property tests and carry out tests once profiles
- have been conditioned to the required B.S.I standard.
- Address any physical property test failures if required.
- Fill out physical property test sheet and file.
- Check printer ink and makeup stocks order new stock if required.
- Check to see if any printers have been put aside and clean.
- Repair any faulty printers, if unable to repair then contact videojet to arrange engineer visit.
- Keep and update a record of printer operation hours remaining on each printer.
- Check calibration records and organise calibration of all equipment, carry out any internal calibration
- if it is due.
- Cut and pack samples to be sent to B.S.I every six months in accordance with standards.
- Investigate and complete customer complaint forms when issued off Mark Roberts.
- Investigate customer returns and check stock for replacements.
- Speak to Steve McClelland about any tool modifications that are needed due to wear.
- Arrange new Process Control Sheets and a new Dimension Control Sheet for any new
- profiles that are to be extruded and decide on critical dimensions to be checked on the two hourly check.
- Replace any master samples that have broken or are missing and ensure all parts are available to
- complete the two hourly checks. For example reinforcements, add-ons, jigs, woolpile, gasket.
Quality Engineer – Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Quality Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications & experience:
- Hold an engineering qualification such as HNC, HND or BEng
- Member of CQI
- Strong engineering understanding
- Ideally have a plastic extrusion or injection moulding background
- Experience of calibrating machinery