35000-40000 Per Annum
over 1 year ago
Salary: Circa £35k - £40k plus excellent benefits
Hours: Full time 39.75 hours per week
A large subcontract manufacturing company are now looking for a Quality Engineer to join their team.
Quality Engineer - Job Purpose:
To provide Quality Engineering support to Manufacturing, Testing, Purchasing and Engineering activities across the site.
Quality Engineer - Job Role – description:
- To actively promote and support activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for site processes.
- To act as key Quality Engineering contact, supporting major account customers as directed.
- To participate fully as contributing member of the group quality management team by supporting the group world class manufacturing strategy.
- To work closely with the Quality Manager and deputise for him in all quality matters during his absence.
Quality Engineer - Key Responsibilities:
- To co-ordinate facilitate and support the application of quality improvement tools such as 8D, FMEA, 5 Why and Structured Problem Solving across the site in accordance with defined group quality improvement strategies.
- To support the Quality Technician in the maintenance of Quality Control Plans for areas such as Goods Inwards Inspection processes for both UK and European operations.
- To assist in the identification of process system improvements across the site, develop and execute plans to address same.
As key quality engineering contact for defined major account customers, the job holder will be responsible for activities such as:
- Customer complaint verification and management/reporting.
- Providing Technical Support to customer Engineering
- Control of external documents such as specifications, assembly and test instructions etc.
- As defined and agreed with key account management and group quality management.
- To carry out Goods Inwards Inspection on ‘drawn item’ parts supplied – as directed.
- To carry out Product Assurance checks on assembled items returned from any other sub-contractors.
- To support Engineering to manage, coordinate and maintain the Calibration program.
- To liaise with process owners in order to identify Quality system risks and co-ordinate improvement plans.
- To carry out cross Company internal audits and Supplier audits as part of the group quality audit team. (Additional 5-day lead auditor training will be required for this responsibility).
- Assisting Production and QA with technical queries and investigations.
- Supporting document control and project administration.
- Driving and assisting in continuous improvement activities throughout the business.
- Helping improve other processes and procedures when requested
- Assist in the development and training of other members within the QA team.
- Assist in other suitable projects as directed.
- Undertake any other activities that are within your capabilities, as directed.
Quality Engineer - Skills Required:
The ideal candidate must come from the Manufacturing Industry as a Quality Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold an HNC, HND or BEng in Engineering
- Come from a Precision Machining background
- Experience working with high precision milled, turned and fabricated metal
- Extensive knowledge and experience of ISO9001 QMS requirements.
- Knowledge of statistical methods used in Quality systems
- An understanding of Electro Mechanical standards in a manufacturing environment, which includes knowledge of component measurement methods for such parts would be advantageous
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the application of quality improvement tools such as 5 Why, Structured Problem Solving, 8D, FMEA etc. and a willingness to understand and apply new tools and techniques in this area.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.