25000-30000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
6 months ago
Location Information – Hereford
Salary £25 - £30k
A local manufacturing company is now looking for a Quality Engineer to join their team. Hours: Monday to Friday 08:30- 17:00
Quality Engineer - Key Accountabilities
- Provide support to the Quality and Operations department on all quality related functions, working closely with the operations and technical teams to achieve customer expectations, the business objectives, mission, vision and values.
- Support the continued implementation of the Quality and Environmental Management Systems including conducting internal audits.
- Drive the reduction in internal defect rates through continuous improvement activities.
- Support the management of the company's QMS in accordance with the requirements of IS09001 and EMS in accordance with the requirements of IS014001.
- Help in the implementation of key quality tools such as SPC, FMEA and Control Plans.
- Support the new product introduction process including the generation of Sample and PPAP documentation and conducting part measurement through the use of various measurement equipment.
- Conduct internal audits as part of an audit team as per the requirements of the audit schedule.
- Provide training on quality control to operations team.
- Lead continuous improvement activities to improve general manufacturing performance.
Quality Engineer – Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of experience working as a Quality Engineer within a quality team for a manufacturing company.
- A recognized Quality/Engineering related qualification — Chartered Quality Institute Quality Management certificate/diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of IATF16949 Quality Management Systems.
- Internal auditor trained to IS09001 and 14001.
- IAFT16949 internal auditor training is advantageous.
- Experience of rubber moulding is an advantage
- Lean principles knowledge - six sigma green/black belt is preferred.
For more information please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.