30000-32000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 1 year ago
Location Information – Telford
Salary £30 – £32k
A local manufacturer is now looking for a Quality Engineer to join their team. Our hours of work are 39 hrs a week, overtime available.
Quality Engineer - Key Accountabilities
- Analyse daily vendor performance data and proactively lead supplier improvement activities to reduce batch rejection and vendor return value in line with business plan or departmental targets.
- Supervise the daily work and output within the section and report the result against agreed targets and KPI’s daily.
- Ensure all relevant document processes are followed by conducting third step checks and compliance auditing.
- Proactively introduce process improvements to improve component quality and workplace efficiency.
- Set objectives through SMART targets in line with business plan and department objectives for staff reporting to you and report the progress in a timely manner.
- Raise and review CARs in a timely manner and co-ordinate internal departmental or external supplier meetings to effectively resolve quality problems and issue minutes with defined actions and timeframes.
- Ensure the department work area is always kept clean, tidy, and safe through 5S activity.
- ISO9001Auditor Trained
- Has served a recognised engineering apprenticeship or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of using SPC and process capability.
- Knowledge of heat treatment and hardness testing.
Quality Engineer - Benefits:
- Opportunity to have two bonuses per year, subject to an appraisal and the performance of the Company.
- Holiday - 31 days (8 bank holidays, plus 23 annual days). This will rise to an extra 2 annual days holiday after 3 complete holiday years of service and a further one day after 5 complete holiday years of service).
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance - 4 x annual salary
- Car parking
- Cash Healthcare Plan
- Subsidized canteen on site
For more information please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540. LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.