30000-38000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
4 days ago
Location Information – Clacton-on-Sea
Salary Circa £35k
A local manufacturer is now looking for a Quality Engineer to join their team.
Quality Engineer - Key Accountabilities
- Implement all relevant procedures described in the Quality Management System (QMS) and ensure compliance
- Ensure that all in-house systems and procedures are updated, revised and modified to meet the needs of external certification bodies
- Respond to customer complaints putting in containment actions, full analysis, poka-yokes (error proofing), and implementing short-term and long-term countermeasures
- Champion a program for the implementation and sustainment of a continuous improvement culture
- Undertake internal and process audits of the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department
- Responsible for the generation and submission of:
Process Flow Diagrams – Draft and Final
Process Control Plans – Draft and Final
PFMEA documentation with Cross functional support
Safe launch Plans with process owners
MSA studies Lab equipment / 100% in process inspection equipment
Inspection reports and capability studies
Quality Engineer – Qualifications
• Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications.
• Membership of an industry related professional body would be advantageous
• Significant experience in a high-volume high mix manufacturing environment, preferably medical, aerospace, automotive.
• Experience of working in Quality Assurance
• Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing skills
• Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers
For more information, please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.