30000-35000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
5 months ago
Location Information – Hampshire
Salary £30 - £35K DOE
A local manufacturer is now looking for a Quality Engineer to join their team. The position is a ‘Senior Engineering’ role within the Production Quality Control areas of the business & supporting the QA and H&S Manager.
Quality Engineer - Key Accountabilities
- Inspection and release of incoming materials ;
- Raise & manage Supplier Corrective Action Reports (SCAR)
- Verify supplier FAIRs to AS9102.
- Responsible for ALL Shop floor quality inspection covering verification of first-piece, in-process and last off inspections including visual and dimensional inspection
- Investigates and reports internal non-conformances
- Creation of Inspection Specifications, Work Instructions and Visual Aids.
- Provide support for NPI and quality planning.
- Able to complete customer validation protocols (FAIR, ISIR).
- Assists in creation of PFD, PFMEA, Process Control Plan and MSA
- Process control & Process variation reduction applying GR&R, Capability Charts / SPC.
- Internal Audits knowledge, preferably trained to AS9100 or Equivalent.
- Provide training and guidance to personnel involved in Production.
- Good working knowledge of engineering drawings & specifications.
Quality Engineer – Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a quality related field;
- Experience in working in an Manufacturing / Engineering environment, preferably in the Aerospace & Automotive sectors;
- Experience in metrology/precision measurement;
- Working knowledge of SPC/SQC and statistical sampling.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 & AS9100;
- Working knowledge of computer hardware/software applications including word processing and Excel, experience of using statistical software (e.g. Minitab) is desirable;
- HND/HNC or degree qualification;
- Physical dexterity to use intricate measuring equipment and visual acuity to detect small defects.
For more information, please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.