25000-27500 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
10 months ago
Location Information – Bradford
Salary £25 - £27.5k DOE
A local manufacturing company is now looking for a Quality Inspector to join their team. Working hours are as follow: Monday 07:30 to 16:30, Tuesday to Thursday 07:30 to 16:00 and Friday 07:30 to 14:30.
Quality Inspector - Key Accountabilities
- Incoming goods, first off, intermediate and final inspection of gears, shafts and gearbox components in order to identify, and isolate, any non-conforming material or parts.
- Use of micrometers, air gauges, bowers micrometers, height gauges, plug gauges, etc to measure dimensions and form
- Use of chemical etching process to identify grinding burn, use of MPI (to level II) and ultrasonic equipment to identify cracking. Surface finish checking, visual inspection, roll testing, and various other processes to evaluate the quality attributes of a precision ground gear.
- Operation (and some programming) of CMM and GMM measuring equipment.
- Communicate inspection information with production operators to assist in set-up or operation of machines.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- General housekeeping of work area and routine machine/instrument maintenance/safety checks.
- Maintain standards of health, safety and hygiene in the workplace
Quality Inspector – Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to work methodically, confidently but with care following a written works instruction, customer drawings and internally produced production documentation.
- Familiar with similar engineered product with dimensional and geometric tolerances with the micron range.
- Familiar with machining defects and their avoidance
- Ability to use inspection equipment and interpret inspection data (GMM data in the case of gear grinding)
- Good ability to understand engineering drawings and geometric tolerancing
- Have an ability to work to a high standard of integrity.
- Attention to detail
- Physically dextrous
- Being coachable. Adaptable in a quick moving environment.
- Wearing of appropriate PPE and observing health and safety rules
For more information please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.