25000-27500 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 1 year ago
Location Information – Bradford
Salary £12.82 - £13.61PH DOE
A local manufacturing company is now looking for a Quality Inspector to join their team. Working hours are as follow: Monday 07:30 to 16:30, Tuesday to Thursday 07:30 to 16:00 and Friday 07:30 to 14:30.
Quality Inspector - Key Accountabilities
- Incoming goods, first off, intermediate and final inspection of gears, shafts and gearbox components in order to identify, and isolate, any non-conforming material or parts.
- Use of micrometres, air gauges, bowers micrometres, height gauges, plug gauges, etc to measure dimensions and form
- Use of chemical etching process to identify grinding burn, use of MPI (to level II) and ultrasonic equipment to identify cracking. Surface finish checking, visual inspection, roll testing, and various other processes to evaluate the quality attributes of a precision ground gear.
- Operation of CMM and GMM measuring equipment (training will be given)
- Communicate inspection information with production operators to assist in set-up or operation of machines.
- Creation of inspection documentation, parts labelling and records. This includes some PC work involving spreadsheets and databases.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- General housekeeping of work area and routine machine/instrument maintenance/safety checks
Quality Inspector – Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to work methodically, confidently but with care following a written works instruction, customer drawings and internally produced production documentation.
- Familiar with similar engineered product with dimensional and geometric tolerances with the micron range.
- Familiar with machining defects and their avoidance
- Ability to use inspection equipment and interpret inspection data (GMM data in the case of gear grinding)
- Good standard in maths and English
- Good ability to understand engineering drawings and geometric tolerancing
- Have an ability to work to a high standard of integrity.
- Attention to detail
- Physically dextrous
- Being coachable. Adaptable in a quick moving environment.
- Wearing of appropriate PPE and observing health and safety rules
For more information, please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.