20000-30000 Per Annum
about 1 month ago
Salary: Circa £25k - £35k
A large Aerospace Manufacturing company are now looking for a Quality Inspector to join their team.
Quality Inspector – Responsibility
- The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Quality Inspector. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Inspecting manufactured items both during the manufacturing process and on completion of manufacture before the items are delivered to customers, including dimensional / paint thicknesses / Gloss Levels.
- Carrying out component inspection using a selection of manual measuring equipment as well as Faro Arm.
- To process first-off inspection components in an efficient manner, in order to determine if the product meets approved design data and quality control requirements.
- Assist in the completion of FAI reports as required.
- Complete the required inspection and process records and management records required by the Company
- Conduct Goods receiving inspection of items that require inspection and notification of products unsuitable for processing.
- Raise Non-Conformance reports for products that don’t conform to specification and register each NCR for subsequent analysis.
- Managing Customer returns by means of inspection reports raising NCR and recording on the company data base.
- Conduct final product inspection, ensuring all process stages have been duly signed off and record the specific finishing sizes and paint thicknesses / Gloss Levels for all products.
- Ensure all measuring equipment is maintained in line with the calibration system.
- Assist management in maintaining production output to match customers’ requirements
- Assist management in removing obstacles that prevents the smooth operation of the business.
- Assist in the training of works personnel.
Quality Inspector - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the Aerospace industry as a Quality Inspector. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a recognised engineering qualification such as C&G, HNC, HND or BEng
- Experience with Faro Arm
- Experience with FAI – First Article Inspection
- Ability to use and maintain all the Companies measuring equipment
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications
- Sound understanding of inspection techniques
- Knowledge of the quality, health & safety and environmental policies and system requirements.
- Understanding of the Companies main objectives and supervisor’s contribution.
- Understanding of the actions to be taken when product or process problems arise.
- Knowledge of safe lifting and slinging, including manual handling.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.