30000-38000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
about 2 months ago
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £30k+ OTE £38k
Quality Inspector - The Role
A world leading manufacturer of hydraulic lifting equipment are now looking for a Quality Inspector to join their team.
Quality Inspector - Main Purpose of the Job
- Provide Quality Control support to Manufacturing areas, conduct inspection to control, monitor and ensure build integrity. Collect and process measurement data. Develop / maintain quality control documentation.
- Facilitate root cause analysis and structured implementation of preventative solutions to quality concerns affecting the production cells, through external supply, internal build, finished product standards adherence and customer issues / support. Responsible for Quality KPI’ s and reporting at Stakeholder meetings.
- Provide support to assigned Production areas to control in-process quality, identify and report non-conforming product. Promoting a culture of No Fault Forward.
- Determine the root cause of defects and action preventative improvement tasks to support stakeholder actions, including the utilization of practical problem solving / 8D methods.
- Monitor & audit in-process quality control systems to ensure accuracy of data collection and early response to process deviation from AQL’s (Acceptable Quality Limits).
- Assist in the development of Quality Control Procedures; SPC, X-Bar/R charts and Quality Control
- Plans, monitor and audit accuracy of data and completed documents, reporting any issues to the Team Leader.
- Conduct inspection of ISIR and product parts to drawing specification to ensure effective containment of non-conforming parts, Including Faro arm, digital imaging, and NDT weld testing inspection equipment / methods.
- Provide support in calibration of production tooling.
- Updating and maintenance of Quality information to support the reporting of accurate KPI’s.
- Provide support to assigned Production areas to control in-process quality, identify and report non-conforming product and assist in the repair/rework process. Promotion of a culture of ‘No Fault Forward’. Support representatives from appropriate departments to ensure machine build quality is maintained.
- Arrange through the relevant area for any necessary supplier technical resource to rectify Access Platforms / items on site, ensuring all necessary preparations are made, to allow for speedy & effective return of the product to the progress. The Quality Technician will be responsible for the co-ordination of supplier rework, including identification of agreed preventative actions.
- Attend and report in the relevant stakeholder meetings. Ownership and responsibility for Quality KPI performance for allocated lines. Responsible for providing secure preventative actions to external and internal quality related concerns.
- Responsible for supporting Supplier Development activities. Allowing the supply base to achieve the expected quality of supply and improve their performance.
- Working with internal suppliers to provide support for the elimination of secondary inspection, drive improvements with the team and reduce NVA costs.
- Provide measurement data for New Products to support the accurate validation of process capability.
Quality Inspector- Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate MUST come from the Manufacturing Industry as a Quality Inspector. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a recognised engineering qualification such as HNC, HND or BEng
- Experience of Quality Inspection using Faro Arm and calibration equipment
- Experience of Route Cause, NCR’s and SPC’s
- Ideally have experience in engineering, manufacturing practices such as Mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, structural fabrication or welding.
- It would be highly desirable to hold a PCN level 1 for welding inspection.
- Ability to use measuring equipment and ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
Quality Inspector - What’s on Offer
- Overtime paid at premium rates of x1.5 or x2.0 depending on hours worked
- Working hours 40 per week (08:00 – 16:30, Monday – Friday)
- 5% contributory pension scheme
- Life insurance scheme (2x annual salary)
- Westfield health care scheme (allows for money to be claimed back on optical and dental expenses, access to GP over the phone etc.)
- Free on-site parking
For more information, please call Nicole McFarland on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.