36000-42000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 1 year ago
Location Information - North Devon
Salary £36k - £42k DOE
A local manufacturing company is now looking for a Quality Manager to join their team.
Quality Manager - Reporting to the Director Quality Management & Assurance, you will be responsible for maintaining existing business systems to ensure that they are compliant with our current accredited bodies as well as Introduction of new accreditations as and when required.
Quality Manager - Key Accountabilities
The successful candidate will predominantly be responsible for the following duties
- Scrap levels kept to 1.5% of sales value.
- Manage and maintain the ISO9001:2015 QMS.
- Drive scrap down through weekly and monthly quality review meetings.
- Ensure involvement with New Product Introduction to support ‘right first time’ manufacture.
- Ensure all actions from regular Quality meetings are resolved/closed accordingly and within the agreed deadlines.
- Instigate and chair meetings as appropriate.
- Ensure open and close relationships are developed and maintained with key customers/suppliers as required.
- Co-ordinate integration of quality specialists and Quality test and measurement resource into the manufacture of customer product from contract review through all stages of planning, manufacturing methods and production to achieve the objective of no final inspection of finished product.
- Adopt lean thinking and Best Practice in all activities in conjunction with Lean Engineer.
- Plan and issue the audit schedule and review the audit team reports to ensure continued compliance with relevant accreditations, where necessary review procedures and ensure they meet the needs of the business and its customers.
- Analyse and report to the Management Team on corrective actions to reduce internal failure rate on manufactured product and to report on failed product identified by external customers.
- Report monthly on the work of the Quality Department.
Quality Manager – Qualifications and Experience
• Internal and supplier audits
• Knowledge and experience of managing ISO9000, ISO9001, AS9100, TS16949 & SC21
• Work on own initiative
For more information please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.