30000 Per Annum plus benefits
0161 976 3540
over 2 years ago
Location Information - Milton Keynes
Salary £30k + Company Vehicle
A local manufacturing company is now looking for a Quality Manager to join their team. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will hold QMS and Legal Metrology accountability. As Quality Manager, you will coordinate the activities required to meet company standards and legal requirements. With a keen focus on compliance, you will contribute to improving the business and demonstrate the company values and behaviours.
Quality Manager - Key Accountabilities
- Proven knowledge and commercial awareness in regards to complying with relevant European and National regulations and National laws
- Demonstrable understanding of Quality Management Systems and audits.
- Proven confidence and resilience to deal with challenges from external and internal stakeholders.
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail orientated and possess strong analytical skills
- Exercises good judgement, knows when to flag issues and when to deal with independently
- Strong communication skills at all levels, both verbal and written and excellent presentation skills;
- Energy, enthusiasm and commitment are essential characteristics in this fast-moving environment;
- Good knowledge of structured problem-solving tools and methodologies;
- Excellent motivator, self-starting, with an enthusiastic approach.
- Act as trainer, auditor and skills matrix holder for the above. Yearly audit on all Technicians. This will require some travel to them in the field
- Ensure that M1 weight sets are Calibrated to UKAS standards on an Annual basis
- Liaise with National Authorities on matters of Legal Metrology and advise relevant members of staff on any changes to procedure
- Ensure that Multimeters are calibrated on a 3-year cycle
This is an ideal role for an individual who is looking to develop their career in a high profile and exciting environment.
Quality Manager - Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum (HNC/ HND) or equivalent experience
- 2 Years' experience of legal metrology
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement
- Experience of mentoring
- Knowledge of ISO9001 and auditing
For more information please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions. We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.