50000-60000 Per Annum
about 2 months ago
Quantity Surveyor– Birmingham -Permanent - £50,000 - £60,000 & Package
Salary is negotiable depending upon experience
About the Company:
My client is a nationwide fit out company that specialise in fast track fit out projects. They currently require experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their outstanding team. to control D&B office fit out projects throughout the Midlands.
About the Projects:
Projects will be based on a nationwide basis andwill range in value from £100,000 - £5,000,000. My client work within the following sectors: retail, commercial, industrial. Projects on average are circa £1,500,000. and are based throughout the midlands.
Purpose of Role – Quantity Surveyor
- assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies to ensure their proposals will work
- prepare and analyse project costings for tenders, such as materials, quantities, labour and time
- prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
- negotiate contracts and work schedules
- allocate work to subcontractors and oversee their work at all stages of the construction
- perform risk, value management and cost control during construction
- undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- advise on a procurement strategy
- identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- provide advice on contractual claims and disputes
- analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- value completed work, oversee bills and arrange payments
- maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
- offer advice on property taxation
- provide post-occupancy advice, facilities management services and life cycle costing advice
- assist clients in locating and accessing additional and alternative sources of funding
- enable clients to initiate construction projects
- advise on the maintenance costs of specific buildings.
Candidate Requirements – Quantity Surveyor:
The ideal Quantity Surveyor MUST hold a Quantity Surveying Degree and have experience in variety of tenders, fast track fit out projects and have worked on projects up to £5,000,000.
The Quantity Surveyor will have a minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor and have contactable references. You will need to have an excellent understanding of managing budgets for large construction projects and have extensive client relationship management abilities.
Desirable – Quantity Surveyor:
The ideal candidate will be RICS qualified and have experience in negotiated, open, framework, single stage, second stage and public procurement tenders and have experience on Navision Software.
Aside from joining a company with an outstanding reputation my client can offer a clear progression path onto Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Management/ Pre Con Management .
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.