26000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
10 months ago
Quotes & Costing Estimator
Salary: Circa £26k
Quotes & Costing Estimator – Job Role:
- Become fully conversant with the Epicor ERP system, particularly the quote section, including producing reports.
- Quote for most cost-effective assembly of new products by assessing manufacturing processes and times.
- Create Bills of Materials accurate to customer requirements
- Load assembly operations and times into the Epicor system, which will automatically convert the data into a quote.
- Produce offline cost calculations using standard format Excel spreadsheets.
- Send out BOM to relevant supplier and from their responses produce materials costings.
- Challenge suppliers on pricing to get the most competitive pricing possible.
- Challenge production on assembly times especially when quotes time is less than actual time taken to build.
- Liaise with Managing Director, production, purchasing and engineering departments as necessary.
- Work to ISO9001:2008 and AS9100 quality requirements.
- Follow and uphold the Company’s environmental policy, procedures and instructions in order to minimize environmental impacts from its activities.
- In addition, the jobholder may be required to perform other duties as assigned by their supervisor/manager from time to time.
Quotes & Costing Estimator – Person Requirements:
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office