22000-25000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
5 months ago
R&D Test Engineer
You will work as part of the R&D Test Team to test and develop. Bringing in fresh ideas you will ensure we maintain and expand our cutting-edge products through rigorous and thorough testing to regulatory requirements. We are seeking either an experienced Test Engineer, a Graduate looking to begin their career in engineering or someone with the relevant skillset and desire to meet the job specification. The chosen candidate will work closely with the Senior Test Engineer as part of a small and agile team within a rapidly expanding company
R&D Test Engineer - Job Role:
- To build and test new prototypes leading to new products and developments.
- To support Product Development, engaging with all internal stakeholders, product development meetings and NPD stage gate reviews.
- To ensure the smooth transition of concepts through to detailed design and of approved designs through manufacturing.
- To ensure regulatory compliance of designs and test programmes.
- Support and sometimes lead on test programmes and small development projects.
- To help design, build and run simple and complex test rigs.
- Conduct comparative studies and compare products with existing products.
- To produce unbiased technical test reports and design documentation.
- To remain familiar with all current and emerging regulations which impact Kensa products.
- To support product development projects from inception through to production.
- To work cooperatively and provide support as required for all companies in the Kensa Group.
- To undertake training and assist in training other member of staff as required.
- To be a positive ambassador of Kensa at all times.
- To work at all times in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to follow all company procedures and guidelines which assist this. Whilst working at external sites comply
- with all on site health and safety procedures and guidelines applicable to that site.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required within the general scope of the job
R&D Test Engineer – Person Requirements:
- Ability to grasp new concepts and ideas.
- Conversant with the concepts of accuracy, precision and calibration in a test setup.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office with good Excel skills.
- Knowledge of basic thermodynamic principles and electro-mechanical control systems.
- Confident working as part of a team and in raising concerns or improvements to product development.
- Capable of reading and understanding technical drawings.
- Capable of writing unbiased technical reports.