35000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
about 1 year ago
A large manufacturing company with excellent benefits have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Buyer to work at our Doncaster site. They will Manage and develop a portfolio of suppliers as instructed by the Category Manager and Head of Procurement. Specifically, co-ordinate the companies’ interface with those suppliers to ensure products and services purchased, lead to improving value and service to the business and its customers.
Group Procurement Manager - Responsibilities would include:
In conjunction with Category Manager and Head of Procurement, develop, seek approval of, implement and systematically review a supplier development plan for own supplier portfolio to:
- Deliver agreed business objectives; with emphasis on supplier consolidation and rationalisation in support of Category Manager Category/supplier plans.
- Develop and maintain inter functional interfaces to ensure internal and external customer and business requirements are properly identified and ensure that appropriate solutions are achieved through supplier management and relationship management and raise the profile of the opportunities and risk of the category within the business.
- Management of projects and complex tasks to support the wider procurement team.
- Expand on product and market knowledge relating to portfolio of categories and commodities responsible. Expected to be the procurement expert in their category.
- Identify and implement cost savings in line with business goals and objectives for your portfolio of suppliers.
- Prepare and undertake Supplier Engagement meetings reviewing Q, C, D to improve business competitiveness and customer service, acting as Supplier Champion for suppliers in own portfolio.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of SAP master data for your portfolio of suppliers to ensure timely bid responses to meet customer deadlines and to maximise new business winning opportunities and growth.
- Undertake Procurement projects as specified by the Category Manager that support execution of the Procurement and Category strategies (e.g. Internalisation)
As a valued employee, you can look forward to a varied and rewarding career with a company that holds the Investors in People accreditation and also world class status in employee engagement.
Group Procurement Manager – Person Requirements:
You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Skills and aptitudes are required such as will provide an understanding of principles and practices that contribute significantly to the work of the department.
- Work is not straightforward and requires considerable initiative and judgement. Difficult tasks or assignments may be handled.
- Ability to compile & analyse data & maintain master data.
- Ability to work on own initiative with good written & oral skills.
- Effective time & deadline management – ability to prioritise effectively.
- Experience of using SAP desirable.
- Knowledge and qualification in a vocational or specialised field short of a degree – e.g. HND.
- Pension and death in service provisions for employees in pension scheme
- 25 Days Hols (plus Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Health and Wellbeing Initiatives
- Employee offers and discounts from various retailers
- Cycle to work scheme, recognition events and rewards
- Free car parking