0161 976 3540
23 days ago
Senior Cost Estimator
Salary: Circa £50k
A large automotive manufacturer is looking for a Senior Cost Estimator to join their team.
Senior Cost Estimator - Job Role:
• Working with the customer account managers to support the quoting and costing activities for new and existing programs.
• To be able to assess manufacturing processes and understand and be able to define the cost drivers.
• Analysis of all customer RFQ’s to ensure all required information is available to put together a quotation pack for a new product or a change to an existing product
• To assist in driving the production of appropriate data to ensure that all enquiries are managed efficiently and within agreed timescales
• Understand and comply with Customer Specific Requirements
• Liaise closely with all Operational Departments and Purchasing to obtain the correct input data required for all quotation packs
• Ability to interpret product concept sheets and complex BOM’s.
• To be able to complete the companies costing model to develop business cases to be presented and approved through the quote approval process.
• Capture of any Capital required to introduce new or changes to existing products for compilation of a Quote Capital Submission
• To provide support to the customer account managers on commercial issues
• Be the team leader for the department, and the Commercial Manger UK’s deputy, for the division
• To provide and support all reporting activities required for the commercial department.
• Track and record the data for measuring departmental KOI’s
• Support in VE/VA activities
• To prepare and help resolve commercial claims/debts for the division.
• To support the Commercial Manager UK, acting as his representative in internal and external meetings as required
• Conduct and lead meetings with various cross-functional team members to support the quoting process and existing programs.
Senior Cost Estimator – Person Requirements:
• Leads by example in a professional manner
• Good communicator
• Open and honest
• Organised and methodical
• Continuous improvement and safety mind-set
• Personable and approachable
• Tenacious and results driven
• Good decision making and problem-solving skills
Knowledge, skills and experience:
• 3 to 5 years’ experience working within manufacturing in a cost estimator, cost analyst role, ideally in the automotive sector.
• Must have a good understanding of absorption and activity-based costing
• Good Commercial background with experience of dealing with OEM’s
• Problem identification and resolution skills
• Intermediate or advanced user of Excel and Power point required
• Candidates must be able to work using their own initiative, and be able to liaise with other functions and departments at all levels within the company. Managing People and processes and budgets within area of responsibility.
• Charter training (internal training)