65000-85000 Per Annum Package
15 days ago
Senior Design Manager - £65,000 - £85,000 & Package DOE
We are the North West's leading D&B commercial fit out contractor.
We deliver beautiful interior fit-out projects for the world’s top brands, combining style and substance to achieve The Perfect Fit.
We are experiencing a significant increase in demand for our unique service, and to meet this requirement, we are now recruiting for a Senior Design Manager from a D&B background.
If you are a skilled construction professional looking for a new, challenging and high profile career move, then this may be the opportunity for you.
In this role you will be responsible for completing the design on exciting new projects while being an integral part of the delivery of the finished space. From appointment to completion you will work with the client team managing expectations ensuring satisfaction on cutting edge installations in some of the most prestigious and exciting projects across the UK and Ireland.
The key components of the role are set out below:
- To develop and implement Design Management Plans on allocated projects
- Work closely with the commercial team in analysing the project specifications and employers requirements to ensure smooth delivery
- Analyse and program the design resource requirements of the project
- Work alongside the Contracts team in integrating the design output with the construction program
- Organise and chair weekly / biweekly Design Team meetings with the client team ensuring the RFI process is managed, key decisions are agreed and recorded and information is shared with the wider team
- Work closely with the Contracts / Commercial team to effectively manage and record all change requests through the duration of the project
- Lead a team of designers / architects to deliver the project requirements through pre-construction and construction phases
- Ensure the site team and subcontractor teams are supplied with the relevant information to complete the project requirements
- Ensure all in-house, outsourced and subcontractor design elements are aligned and coordinated with current building information
- Assist the estimating department in analysing tender information, generating RFIs and attending interviews / presentations for securing new projects
- 5+ years at Senior Designmanagement level
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong at organising and prioritising competing demands
- Knowledge of building regulations, legislation and compliance
- Contractual knowledge (JCT, NEC, D&B etc)
- Current and appropriate site H&S card
- Member of professional body
- Experience on BIM Projects / software
- High end fit out experience
- Experience in delivering BREEAM
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- CDM / Principal Designer experience
- Experience using file management systems, Procore, Conject, etc