Electronic Design Engineer
40000-60000 Per Annum
11 months ago
Position: Electronic Design Engineer
We are a lead manufacturer of rapid, battery stored electric vehicle charging solutions.
We are in the process of building our own:
· Electric vehicle charging stations (both hardware and software)
· Home & business energy management systems (both hardware and software)
· Website and various other back-office systems (software)
We are looking for a Power Electronics Design Engineer (minimum 5 years’ experience) who has a proven track record of delivering both electrical and mechanical solutions as part of a design team.
· Design and develop products for power electronic systems, including but not limited to power modules, charging systems, communication systems, cables, connectors, and power electronics.
· Prepare guidelines and procedures to develop company products as per specifications and schedules using safest and cost-effective processes
· Use of CAD to develop mechanical enclosures, framework, and panel work to house the electrical and electronic components
· Review and approve electro-mechanical engineering designs before manufacture to ensure design review conformance and repetitive errors elimination
· Research and evaluate data for customer design proposals, parameters, and manuals to identify design and application feasibility
· Develop and maintain relations with other departments for optimum product development focusing on product standardisation
· Direct and coordinate design activities to ensure systems and products comply with electro-mechanical engineering standards and customer specifications
· Provide technical assistance to clients and company’s representatives
· Develop preliminary, final as well as working layouts related to electro-mechanical engineering.
· Estimate engineering time and complete dimensional studies of projects
· Perform calculations, qualify, analyse, and test units
· Evaluate, interpret, and execute commercial and customer specifications for materials, processes, and finishes
· Interact with customers, vendors and other outside representatives on specific matters related with product design.
· Competent user of Microsoft Office
· Competent in translating customer requirements into design technical documents
· CAD experience preferably with Solidworks
· An appreciation of the interaction between hardware and software required for defining hardware requirements.
· Technical background is essential, preferably holding a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) qualification or equivalent recognised apprenticeship
Character and personal qualities:
· Discipline & reliability – someone who can be trusted to work largely unsupervised
· Clear and confident communicator – able to interact effectively with a distributed team of technical experts
· Passion for delivering technical solutions
· Someone who has a desire to develop their own technical skills both in and out of work
· Has the ability to; listen, coach, make decisions, can manage their own time, Be able to challenge technical specialists