50000-58000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 2 years ago
Senior Instrument Engineer
Location - West Sussex
Salary - Circa £58k
A local manufacturer is now looking for aSenior Instrument Engineer to join their team. Working both autonomously and collaboratively within a Research and Development environment. Experienced electronics engineer with a research (physics and optics) background to further research activities, and offer a holistic approach to the successful conception, development and implementation of new products (NPD).
Senior Instrument Engineer - Key Accountabilities
- Produce innovative product designs and blueprints to support profitable growth and operational excellence through simplification and application of technology
- Ensure NPD output is compliant to relevant legislation (CE (EMC/LVD) and ATEX compliance of products).
- Use innovative design and product capability to maintain a high degree of customer service, internal productivity, adherence to quality whilst aiming for cost reduction.
- Attend customer meetings lone or supporting the sales force in order capture technical requirements for NPD and the blueprinting (market intelligence) process.
- Attend trade shows and conferences representing Parker supporting the Parker product range. Provide feedback in the Blueprinting process and input to marketing and strategic direction.
Senior Instrument Engineer - Person Specification
- Education: Degree in relevant (Physics/Electronic Engineering) discipline and substantial technical background.
- Significant experience with instrumentation creation and development.
- Analytical techniques including Infra-Red, magnetometry and spectroscopy
- Analogue/Digital circuit design and development plus PCB layout.
- Can-do attitude and flexibility.
- Previous hands-on experience of electro-mechanical applications/controls engineering is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies.
- Capable of working within a multi-disciplined team and managing projects under time constraints
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavor to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful, but please feel free to contact us for an update.