40000-50000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
3 months ago
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Salary: £40– 50K
Senior Mechanical Engineer – Overview
A manufacturing company are now looking for an Senior Mechanical Engineer
to join their team.
Senior Mechanical Engineer – Responsibility
- Support the business from a Hands On Engineering perspective to include: BoM checks and sign off, condition assessments, job pack creation, engineering changes, concessions, preparation for overhaul projects, preparation for FAIs, fault investigation and diagnosis, warranty claim investigation, problem solving, creating method statements, creating component overhaul instructions, test procedures, conduct material analysis and comparisons, report compilation and reviewing, design tooling, etc (list is indicative but not exhaustive)
- Assist with the improvement, development, implementation and management of engineering processes in safety critical environments;
- Be accountable for the delivery of their own work and the review and approval of work from other members of the engineering team;
- Support the Head of Engineering and Quality in setting and upholding the standards.
- To support junior engineers and workshop fitters across their range of tasks;
- Assist with training requirements, ensuring the team continue their development in product knowledge, safety, confidence, attitudes, processes; skills, standards, etc;
- To have the ability to review drawings and designs created from reverse or re-engineering projects for mechanical components and systems;
- Assist purchasing and quality with supplier selection and assessment;
Senior Mechanical Engineer - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Senior Mechanical Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Experienced engineer with (as a minimum) an HNC/HND qualification (or equivalent) in a mechanically biased engineering discipline;
- A minimum of 10 years professional engineering experience, with a good balance of general engineering, reverse engineering, testing, problem solving, technical process writing (method statements, overhaul instructions), condition assessments, technical investigations and task management.
- Knowledge of mechanical driveline and connecting products and systems (gearboxes, cardan shafts, highly flexible couplings, rail couplers, cooler groups, etc) is advantageous but not essential
- Knowledge of various industries ranging from Mobility (Rail and Marine) to the Power Oil and Gas sectors
- Knowledge of design and ability to review design proposals.
- A good understanding of CAD packages such as Siemens NX and Autodesk Inventor.
- Knowledge of the ISO 9001:2015 quality system;
For more information please call Sam Arnold on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.