37000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 1 year ago
Senior Procurement Controller
A large manufacturing company have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Procurement Controller to work at our Crewe site.
To lead a team to deliver and ensure product supply into Service Centre(s). To ensure that materials are planned and delivered on time and in full to meet customer needs and manufacturing capabilities.
Accountable for the placement and delivery of purchases for manufacturing production including supplier liaison, stock recommendations, rejections, and changes in demand due to production re scheduling, failure to do so would result in financial loss and impact on customer accounts. The role requires considerable discretion and independence of thought about their duties.
The role is to proactively resolve issues and put into place corrective actions to avoid recurrences. The nature of the role requires someone to have high standards in terms of defining best practice across standard procedures, ensuring these are followed in function and proactively challenging colleagues if necessary. The role requires strategic initiative to identify the issue, put an action plan in place and ensure this is managed through to completion. The role will then work closely with the Head of Manufacturing to ensure best practice and solutions are implemented.
Senior Procurement Controller - Responsibilities would include:
- Manage the delivery of key products to manufacturing.
- Coordinate with internal customers including attendance of production meetings.
- Management of supply chain for raw materials required for new production introductions to manage delivery in line with agreed project plans.
- Sustain and increase internal customer satisfaction.
- Develop strong relationships with key suppliers and drive improvements.
- Regularly monitor supplier delivery performance and address issues to resolve using Unipart Way tools and techniques.
- Develop internal working processes to reduce waste and achieve improvement.
- Work with strategic procurement and inventory teams to ensure supplier relationships are established and SAP inventory planning levels are maintained to meet needs Engage the team in the Unipart Way tools and techniques to support the operational improvement activities.
- Seek and implement best practice and innovations in applications.
Senior Procurement Controller – Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate must have knowledge of working within logistics and manufacturing. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Demonstration of procurement knowledge, of working within a logistics and manufacturing background and understand the challenges faced in a fast-moving logistics and manufacturing operation.
- Able to apply CI to make improvements in role and function.
- Ability to conduct effective meetings and ensure actions are followed and met.
- Working knowledge Service Centre activity
- Good understanding of the Rail market, UK and International
- Excellent communication, relationship, and interpersonal skills at all levels, including Senior Management.
- Strong data analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective time and deadline management and prioritisation skills
- Developing staff and engagement of the teams through communication and coaching –feedback and positive challenge