25000-27000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 1 year ago
Senior Production Planner
Salary: Circa £25k
We are looking to recruit a Senior Production Planner, to work within the Production Control Department on a permanent basis.
Senior Production Planner - Role Overview and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for the preparation, proposal, and control of the MPS in-line with customer requirements and company objectives and the maintenance and control of the daily Assembly and Manufacturing schedules. You will provide an effective supervisory role for the Data and Production Control entry clerks and you will collate the schedule of meeting reports.
Senior Production Planner – Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinating the preparation of Operating Planning, two monthly firm Assembly schedules, four monthly forecast Assembly schedule.
- Advising on schedule trends and proposing changes as necessary to meet both the Customer requirements and the company’s objectives regarding efficiency.
- Coordination of the daily schedules for the Assembly area advising any deviation from the schedule and proposed recovery plans.
- Coordinate the daily work of the Production Planning department in-line with the company objectives. Control and Planning of promotion activities, ensuring the Quality, Cost and Delivery requirements are met.
- Issue of monthly report to Departmental Manager detailing achievement against schedule and results of monthly activities.
- Ensure that all areas have up to date Procedures and Training Manuals and that staff have received on the job training.
- Support 3 step check activities. Supervise, appraise, and motivate a small team to meet the company’s objectives.
- Assist in the running out of components effected by an ECN.
Senior Production Planner - Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- Promote the culture of Continuous and Improvement and 5’s throughout the department. Take on any reasonable task as requested by the Departmental Manager.
- Produce accurate, quality results first time with the minimum of supervision.
- Ensure the section is kept tidy and promote 5S/5W activities.
- Compliance with all SOX, ISO9001 & ISO14001 procedures and regulations.
- Qualified to ‘A level’ or equivalent.
- Educated to GCSE at grade C or above in English and Maths Understanding of MRP Computer Literate Experience in working in a Production Planning Department.
- Experience of working in a high-volume manufacturing company.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to work in a team.
- Production Planning: 1 year (required)
- Materials Requirements Planning (MRP): 1 year (required)
Senior Production Planner – Benefits:
- Work in a Covid-safe adapted working environment.
- Company pension scheme.
- Life Assurance Cover
- Paycare Health Cash Plan
- Free car parking and bike store
- Subsidised restaurant Workwear and PPE provided suitable for the role.
- Training and career development opportunities for all staff Free staff lockers Access to onsite medical advice.
- Power Tools staff discount Perks at Work staff discount membership Staff bonus scheme related to performance.
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Sick pay