50000-65000 Per Annum Package
4 months ago
Senior Quantity Surveyor (PQS) – £50,000 - £65,000 & Package
Salary is negotiable depending upon experience.
About the Company:
My client are a well established construction and fit out contractor that have been operating for over 30 years.
About the Projects:
Projects will predominantly be fit outs, a mix of leisure, retail, Cat A & Cat B and range in value from £300,000 - £14,000,000. All projects will involve negotiations, costs, variations etc.
Purpose of Role – Senior Quantity Surveyor (PQS):
- Compile and negotiate tenders.
- Review commercial processes to ensure that they stay relevant and make recommendations for necessary changes.
- Ensure maximum recovery of all contractual agreements.
- Compile framework agreements.
- Implement commercial process to ensure contractual entitlements are realised.
- Support the operational team in daily commercial and contractual disputes.
- Ensuring proper contractual administration of contract/project assigned, including value & cost control and maintenance of contemporaneous records.
- Accurately value works undertaken and where necessary provide records to substantiate cost to allow prompt issue of application for payment in line with contractual timescales.
- Ensure that change control process is managed effectively including production of early warnings/variations maximising entitlement.
- Preparation of final accounts in relation to projects/contracts assigned, working with operational teams to confirm understanding of financial position, proactively instilling commercial awareness throughout the wider company.
- Managing sub-contractor accounts including negotiating subcontract terms and raising sub-contractor orders.
- Compensation event management – entitlement, valuations and submission.
- Procurement support
Candidate Requirements – Senior Quantity Surveyor (PQS):
The ideal Senior Quantity Surveyor MUST hold a Quantity Surveying Degree and have experience in D&B contracts, CAT A & CAT B projects, you must have worked on projects up to £5,000,000. The Senior Quantity Surveyor will have a minimum of 7 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor and have contactable references. You will need to have an excellent understanding of managing budgets for large projects and have extensive client relationship management abilities.
Desirable – Senior Quantity Surveyor (PQS):
The ideal candidate will be RICS qualified and have experience in negotiated, open, framework, single stage, second stage and public procurement tenders.
My client is open to receive applications from Senior Quantity Surveyors (PQS) on a nationwide basis as they are happy for the PQS to operate 100% remotely if it suits.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.