42000-45000 Per Annum
25 days ago
Paul Gorton DipRP
Salary: Circa £42k plus excellent benefits
A local engineering company who manufacture hydraulic equipment now requires a Service Manager to join their team.
Service Manager - Description of the Role:-
The Service Manager will proactively work to create and develop a high performing team, working to robust processes to provide a high level of service.
You will be responsible for the day to day management of both of our UK workshop, and our Field Service Engineers, ensuring customer expectations are exceeded, with the provision of ‘best in class’ customer service being a priority.
As Service Manager, you will be an integral part of the Operational Management Team. You will be instrumental in supporting the Senior Management Team with the communication, motivation, and engagement with the employees working under your leadership. You will drive the Company’s objectives through cascading these to your teams and support them in achieving success.
The Service Manager will have a proven track record of working in a target driven environment together with technical experience in a relevant discipline.
Service Manager Responsible for:
- Day to day and effective management and organisation of the service workshop to ensure customer expectations are accomplished, team objectives and sales goals are being carried out.
- Support the Product Support Manager to ensure financial commitments are achieved through the development of current systems to drive productivity and growth.
- Day to day management and timely delivery of special projects through the After Sales business, i.e. refurbishment projects.
- Work with the Product Support Manager and Operations Manager to ensure all communication regarding service bulletins is handled consistently and professionally, with involvement of all relevant UK and International Group stakeholders. Update trackers for UK, Europe, and the US.
- Report all ‘in field’ service issues through the engineering team to close the loop to help drive continuous improvement.
- Work with Finance to ensure accurate reporting is generated to meet forthcoming KPI’s.
- timely production of invoicing.
- Work together with the Product Support Manager to ensure the Service Proposition is resourced correctly.
- Identify areas that require improvement and support the Product Support Manager to create a justification with supporting business case.
- Work with Product Support Manager to regularly update and communicate the After Sales position/developments to improve morale and motivate teams.
- Develop the Service Department to achieve exemplary customer service, including maintaining customer relationships and ensuring repeat customers by upselling R&M contracts and other product and services.
- Ensure that the business has a quality and sustainable after sales proposition which is aligned with the brand.
- Gear the after sales department for growth.
- Monitor department issues and customer complaints to define patterns and work to lessen recuring issues.
- Identification of areas within the After Sales departments that require improvement, by regularly auditing work carried out to ensure high standards are being met. As well as repair work has been carried out effectively, correctly, and thoroughly.
- Working with the Service Division Supervisor and Administration team.
- The completion of new process and product training when necessary.
- The overseeing of staff training in new process introduction and product training when necessary.
- Intrinsic involvement to support growth of Parts Sales and Service Revenue.
- Intrinsic involvement to support growth in the number of Service Contracts.
- Ensuring all Workshop and Field Service Engineers (UK and Ireland) are trained on all products to enable a flexible service.
- Development and supervision of staff in this area.
Service Manager – Person requirements:
The idea candidate MUST come from the engineering industry as a Service Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Ideally hold a qualification in hydraulics/electro hydraulics
- Have experience within the hydraulics industry
- Experience with managing a small service team and engineers
- Strong customer service experience & Skills
- Experience with managing warranty issues
- Ideally have used an ERP / MRP System such as Epicor
- Previous service experience with comprehensive industrial knowledge
- An experienced Manager who can balance managing a team whilst hitting your own personal set objectives.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.