28000-32000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
almost 2 years ago
Shift - Lates
£28k - £32k pa
Salary is negotiable depending upon experience
A local Plastic Moulding Company now requires a Shift Setter to join their team.
Purpose of Role – Setter
To undertake accurate and efficient setting of machines and tools in order to achieve the company’s quality and production targets and to ensure all procedures are followed with a high level of discipline.
• Start up and shut down injection mould machines, as per procedures following all instructions on setting sheets including water connection diagrams. Checking process packs for any discrepancies or inaccuracies wherever possible.
• Prepare for tool changes prior to current order completion.
• Complete last off checks, initial and place blue ticket and moulding with tool. Place tools in correct location on rack and inform Shift Manager so that changes can be made to the tooling database, if necessary.
• Raise first off paperwork and give to Quality Engineer. Ensure that all equipment is set up, the full cell is ready to run and parts are running to standard.
• Record start up scrap on scrap sheet.
• Record changes to settings as necessary with justifications for change, as per QCP-006 and submit to Shift Manager for passing on to Process Engineer.
• Purge machines when necessary, using Aquapurge or Barrel Blitz, if required.
• Trial new tools to the correct procedure, making sure trial paperwork is present ready for QA or QE.
• Discuss any tooling issues with Shift Manager in order to raise tool reports if a tool breaks or ideas of how to improve for next production run.
• Cover for any other roles, when necessary.
• Set up robots.
• Top up oil in machines, when required. Change Heater bands and thermocouples, when required.
• Good Housekeeping (5S) – Ensure machines are kept tidy; do not leave tools on machine beds, remove purgings; put SMED items back on stands; etc. Also, whenever possible use the final 30 minutes of the shift to assist general 5S, in terms of cleaning
• Optimise machine Cycle times. Ensure parts are running to cycle, and report to the shift manager if the cycle time is not running to costed cycle.
• Write down batch number and drier number on patrol inspections, if needed.
• Handover meeting at the end of the shift to the next shift Setter.
• Participate in and actively promote the company’s CIP (continuous improvement program) looking for ways to continually improve the way we work and to reduce waste.
• Any other reasonable request from a senior member of staff.
Candidate requirements – Setter
The ideal Shift Setter candidate MUST have experience in the Plastics industry with Injection Moulding experience and ideally have Level 3 Injection Moulding
Company Benefits: - Setter
This is a growing and reputable business that thrives on developing it’s employees and offers fantastic career progression opportunities with an above the market rate of pay.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.