40000-43000 Per Annum
about 1 year ago
Salary: £40k - £43k
Location: Ashford, Kent
Shifts: Permanent Nights
A local manufacturing company who produce some major household names are now looking for a Shift Manager to join their team.
Shift Manager - The Role
The role of the Shift Manager is to ensure that the Production schedule is met safely, on time, in full, at cost, at the right quality first time and by the most efficient utilisation of the resources available to them using ‘Lean’ methodologies.
Shift Manager - Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for all employees out of hours and production employees during normal working hours. Out of hours includes Production, Quality, Maintenance, and processing employees.
- To ensure the welfare, training and development of the team working within the Shift Manager’s area. Employee engagement and creating/maintaining our culture from our displayed behaviours is key.
- Ensure the quality of products is right first time and to standard using the tools and processes available.
- Maintaining required standards of Good Manufacturing Practise (GMP)
- To deputise for the Site Operations Manager when required.
- To ensure full support is provided in conjunction with the Quality and safety audit process and ensure corrective actions are undertaken as required.
- Review and address any efficiency, quality or cost difference against expected state.
- Continually act to reduce costs.
- To understand and use ‘Lean’ as a methodology to continuously improve the plant and our business and for championing and ensuring delivery of Change Management, such as 5S’s, OEE, Visual Factory, recycling, energy saving, and to communicate and get buy in of these programmes from the team.
- To continually audit processes and meetings to maintain the standard.
Shift Manager – Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from manufacturing industry as a Shift Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- An experienced shift manager
- Able to work shifts including days & nights
- Managed large production teams
- Experience with Lean / Continuous Improvement such as 5s and sixsigma
This position would suit a Manufacturing Manager, Production Manager, Production Shift Manager, Operations Manager or Continuous Improvement Manager.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.