38000-45000 Per Annum
almost 2 years ago
Salary: £38,000 - £45,000 plus excellent benefits
A local Civil Engineering company who supply utilities on site are now looking for a Site Supervisor to join their team.
Site Supervisor - Duties will include:
Assisting with coordinating health and safety on-site including conducting quality inspections. Supervising sub-contractors and labourers and ensuring all works are carried out in accordance to method statement and risk assessment.
Assist in managing the site to ensure the site is organised, controlled and all activities are carried out to the required standard of safety with minimum risks to people, equipment, materials and the environment.
- Liaise with the Project Manager. Directly responsible on a day to day basis for the safety quality and technical standard of work performed by all competent staff under your supervision.
- Ensure that all customer contacts are handled courteously and professionally.
- Ensure that job completion targets are met, and measure all works on a weekly basis.
- Ensure compliance with company quality, health and safety management systems.
- Encourage a positive safety attitude and set the safety and environmental standards on site for all operations and activities.
- Carry out visual quality check of materials supplied direct to site and report any non-conforming products to the project manager.
- Ensure weekly time sheets and daily progress sheets are in on time.
Site Supervisor - Skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
- The ideal candidate must come from the Utilities Industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Liaise with site construction managers and project managers regarding supervision of works, including monitoring resource levels.
- Ensure all site staff are clear on their reporting structure.
- Undertake random checks and ensure daily briefings are prepared and communicated.
- Carry out site inductions as required.
- Be the primary point of contact for other parties on site.
- Check completed risk assessments and method statements
- Carry out toolbox talks as required
- Ensure company processes procedures are implemented and followed on site.
- Work to agreed methods of working and procedures.
- Report any defects in tools and plant.
- Report any accidents injuries or dangerous occurrences.
- Carry out safety quality and environmental site audits of the works.
- Ensure the site is kept tidy and clear of obstructions
Site Supervisor - Personal Requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the Civil engineering industry as Site Supervisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Experience with Utility Installations such as Girs, Wirs, Ners.
- Good understanding of Gas / Electric and water mains.
- NEBOSH General Certificate
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.