35000-45000 Per Annum
almost 2 years ago
Position: Software Engineer
Salary: £35k - £45k plus excellent benefits
A large and prestigious engineering company are now looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join their team.
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join their expanding team. The ideal candidate should have a high level of programming skills using an object orientated programming language such as VB.NET or C#NET (visual studio), they should also have experience with C++, ASP.NET and working with SQL databases.
Software Engineer - Responsibilities
- Work on custom in-house applications, update for latest operating systems and continuous improvement.
- Modular code design, C#, C++, VB and WEB
- Experience in design and interfacing to SQL databases.
- Testing new programs and fault finding.
- Software integration into the CNC control system, NET, TCPIP, (Windows)
- Writing initial software function design specification.
- Writing software operational documentation.
- General IT support for the business.
Software Engineer - Role in Brief:
The company have an internal program called Profilemate, this is written on VB6 & C#, they want it adapting to either fully C# or C++.
It was originally written on Visual Studio 2010, but has been updated to Visual Studio 2017 environment, apart from the Core function which is on VB6.
They're looking for someone who has the ability/knowledge to be able to do this.
Software Engineer - This position requires a well-motivated, skilled individual who can demonstrate the following attributes;
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft © Windows environments, Desktop and Server.
- Methodical and pro-active approach to improvement methods.
- Strong team player and able to work on own initiative.
- Able to multi task and prioritise own work load.
- Adhere to Company Health and Safety policies.
Software Engineer - Further information:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking global market leader and to work within a skilled friendly team. It is an ideal position for someone who is looking to further develop their career in a pro-active environment. In addition to this the company also offers 25 days holiday per year + 8 statutory bank holidays. There is also a Pension & Health Care scheme in place
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.