25000-35000 Per Annum
9 months ago
Location: Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 experience depending
Fantastic opportunity to join a welding and fabrication engineering company as their Stores Manager. The company are at a pivotal point of change and are looking to hire an experienced stores manager to take responsibility for the day to day running of the site, plus review and improve the processes and controls. This position requires considerable experience within a manufacturing or engineering environment, where your used to working closely with the shop-floor / production teams.
Stores Manager– Job Role:
As the Stores Manager you will be responsible for management of the warehouse team, ensuring that there is adequate training, support and direction, assisting the Operations Director in an overhaul of the Warehouse policies and procedures.
- This position will require a very 'hands on’ approach
- Managing the goods in
- Stock control and monthly stock takes
- Working closely with the production teams with regards to their requirements
- Daily ordering of parts
- Liaising with other departments across the business
- Managing the spare parts orders and delivery
- You will need to have significant experience in running a highly efficient and productive engineering stores area, covering both process and people management, along with excellent verbal, written and organisational skills, Previous experience with warehouse management systems is required.
Stores Manager – Required skills
The ideal candidate must come from an engineering background as a Stores Manager or Warehouse Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Strong man-management experience
- Experience with MRP, Sap type systems
- Managed a stores or warehouse environment before
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communicator
- FLT experience would be an advantage
- Experience of Welding or Piping would be advantageous
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.