45000-50000 Per Annum
almost 2 years ago
Supply Chain Manager
Salary: £45k - £50k plus company car and excellent benefits
A Medical Devices Manufacturing company who manufactures plastic injection moulded products are now looking for a Supply Chain Manager to join their team.
Supply Chain Manager – Overview
- Responsibility for effective leadership and management of procurement, purchasing, inventory control and logistics activity for the in order to meet the requirements of our customer.
- Deliver Supply Chain Excellence. Driving strategic behavior and mindset from current reactive/ tactical state.
- Lead Supplier Relationship Management, and contract negotiations for the business.
- Develop Strategic Sourcing to ensure long-term sustainability of Supply Chain.
Supply Chain Manager – Responsibility
- Leadership of department personnel and processes.
- Support the business objectives by driving spend/supply assessments, consolidation strategy,
- sourcing selection, financial and make versus buy analyses.
- Acting as a mentor / coach, for department personnel in order to develop skills, structures, resources, and processes to execute the department’s objectives.
- Responsibility for departmental capital and expense budgets.
- Work with the Head of Operations to develop short, medium, and long-term departmental goals and objectives.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives for the department to improve process yield, product design, throughput, cost, and safety.
- Support NC/CAPA process for the department.
- Develop appropriate KPIs / metrics, and propose actions plans.
- Supports Project Management in the delivery of projects on time, and on cost.
- Any other duties considered commensurate with this level of post.
- Develop Supply Chain Strategy in-line with Digital Supply Chain / Industry 4.0.
- Leads RFX process for the business.
- Manages, and mitigates Supply Chain risks for the company
- Leads purchasing team to place purchase orders and deliveries to optimise inventories in support of production schedules.
- Leads team for all inbound and outbound logistics activity
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to maintain adequate inventory levels to minimise shortages in order to optimise cleanroom operations at the company
- To manage inventory levels efficiently and cost effectively, whilst continuously seeking to improve in the level of working capital deployed in stock.
- Managing product supply risk by ensuring stock policies are set and regularly reviewed.
- Proactively communicates with stakeholders regarding parts/components supply.
- New Product Introduction: Perform supplier capability reviews, coordinate tender / RFX process, and ensure that suppliers meet key deliverables.
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM):
- Define Supplier Relationship Management framework including contract management for nominated strategic partners.
- Implementation and leadership of the Supplier Evaluation and Development framework establishing goals and objectives for our vendors in line with those at the company.
- In partnership with our suppliers, identify and initiate cost improvement projects. Manage and coordinate the implementation of improvement/cost saving programs with strategic vendors.
- Lead contract renewal negotiations and annual contract price negotiations based on agreed SRM framework and responsibilities.
- Develop strong relationships with key suppliers as well as other disciplines within the businesses.
- Represents the ‘voice of the supplier’ for the company.
Supply Chain Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Supply Chain Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a Degree in Supply chain or Logistics or hold a CIPS / CILT Qualification
- Ideally come from the plastic injection moulding industry or Medical Devices, Pharma, Automotive or Aerospace Industry
- Managed a small Supply Chain Team
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but pleas