45000-55000 Per Annum
over 1 year ago
Technical Sales Manager
Location: Head office is in Nottingham
Salary: Circa £50k plus £27% bonus and excellent benefits
A local Medical Devices company who supply 90 countries with their products around the world, now require an experienced Technical Sales Manager to join their team.
A leading manufacturer and supplier of top-quality precision tooling and complimentary equipment are looking for an experienced Technical Sales Manager.
The company are an extremely successful business, exporting 90% of production into more than 90 countries and, with over seven decades of research, development and investment now seen as the pre-eminent supplier of precision engineered products across the globe. Every single tool manufactured is bespoke and crafted to meet the specific requirements of the customer’s application.
Technical Sales Manager – Overview.
The position is based from head office in Nottingham. You will work with agents across the EU to promote the company’s products. You will also look for new agents and other sales paths for the company’s products. The position will involve international travel.
Technical Sales Manager – Job Role:
The primary responsibility of this role is to generate sales growth of all products & services by developing new business and building customer loyalty in their regions through direct activity and sound management of the allocated agents.
It is the Technical Sales Manager’s responsibility to understand the nuances of their markets and agents; to have a strong technical understanding of product offering and manufacturing capabilities; to get products specified by customers as preferred choice; and to identify potential new applications, products and markets.
The Technical Sales Manager will have 4 main areas of responsibility:
- The generation of the Sales Plan for their territory to create business that is within our vision.
- The execution of the Sales Plan and adjustment based on new events.
- The management of allocated agents to create an effective, motivated and successful partnership.
- The effective communication with customers, agents and related functions within our company to protect and develop existing business and to secure new business.
Technical Sales Manager – Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from a strong Engineering background as a Technical Sales Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Ideally hold a Mechanical Engineering Degree but will be happy with an HNC or HND in Engineering
- Fluent German Speaking skills and ideally some French speaking skills would be ideal.
- Strong engineering background, you may have been a Project Engineer, Production Engineer, Technical Manager who has moved into sales.
- Ideally have a strong background in Sales EXPORTS.
- Previous experience in working with Agents.
- You will also have an extremely positive and can-do attitude, a strong work ethic and to protect the business' interests in all situations.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.