23000-28000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 1 year ago
Location Information - Wirral
Salary £23 - £28k
A local manufacturer is now looking for a Technician to join their team to manufacture prosthetic sockets and prostheses to a high standard from plaster casts prepared by the Prosthetist, ensuring that all limbs are ready for fitting and delivery in line with agreed contract lead times and patient appointment schedules.
Technician - Key Accountabilities
- To assemble prostheses as prescribed by the Prosthetist, ensuring the specification conforms to the recognised guidelines issued by the component manufacturers and referring any inconsistencies to the relevant Prosthetist.
- To statically align limbs to manufacturer's and Prosthetist's instructions ensuring limbs are safe for fitting.
- To adhere to documented Company or manufacturer socket lay-ups, recording any variances on patient job sheet or IT system.
- To ensure that the prostheses produced and prepared conform to the Company's Quality Standards through visual and mechanical inspections.
- To assist Clinicians with conducting risk assessments of hybrid and non-standard limb builds.
- To apply good working practices during the production process to reduce material wastage to a minimum.
- To liaise with the Prosthetists regarding any new components or manufacturing techniques.
- To provide training, advice and guidance on the technical aspects of prosthetics and any particular areas of expertise to all members of the clinical and technical services team.
Technician - Qualifications and Experience
- Experience within the Medical device industry
For more information please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.