22000-28000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
9 months ago
Test & Repair Technician
A large food manufacturing company are now looking for an Test & Repair Technician
to join their team.
Test & Repair Technician – Overview
The role involves inspecting and testing power supplies in the range of 200W to 24kW prior to shipping, investigating any problems down to component level, also repairing product which is returned from the field and occasionally offering technical support to customers over the phone.
Test & Repair Technician – Responsibility
- Testing low voltage control circuits
- Testing completed power supplies
- Final inspection of completed product
- Diagnosing faults down to component level
- Replacing faulty through-hole and SMD components
- Repairing returned products
- Providing technical support to customers
Test & Repair Technician - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Test & Repair Technician You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Candidates ideally will be qualified to HNC/HND/Degree level in Electronic & Electrical engineering.
- Ability to use hand tools and good soldering skills are essential.
- Have 2+ years’ experience of Power Electronics test or repair. However the employer will also consider candidates with strong electronics diagnostic skills who are looking to enter a field of Power Electronics.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn new skills are valued as much as specific experience.
- You should be able to work well as part of a team and under pressure.
- Be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- An eye for detail.
- Be familiar with basic test equipment such as DVMs, Oscilloscopes, PAT testers etc.
- Able to read and understand circuit schema cs and test procedures.
For more information please call Sam Arnold on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.