30000-35000 Per Annum
0161 76 3540
almost 3 years ago
Job Description - Test Equipment Engineer
37.5 hours per week, 25 days holiday per year + Public holidays
We require a Test Equipment Engineer to maintain and develop our wide range of bespoke electronic process and test equipment on site. Main duties include:
- Maintaining, repairing, calibrating, and upgrading existing process and test equipment.
- Designing, and manufacturing new process and test equipment.
- Establishing and maintaining adequate documents and records of hardware and software designs, calibration, and operating manuals.
A degree in electronics, electrical engineering, or physics with instrumentation.
Previous experience of the calibration, maintenance, and operation of process and test equipment in a production environment.
- The ability to fault-find, and then carry out electronic and mechanical repairs.
- The ability to carry out the regular calibration of equipment and document the results.
- The ability to agree a technical specification for new equipment, and then determine a fully-specified design (eg. circuit diagrams, schematics, software, mechanical design, maintenance and calibration procedures).
- To coordinate the manufacture of new equipment using our in-house facilities and external suppliers.
- Programming with Visual Basic and LabView with records stored in appropriate databases and/or spreadsheets
- Soldering and electronics manufacture.
- Electro-mechanical assembly.
- Familiarity with a wide range of electronic test equipment.
- Adherence to all applicable health and safety requirements
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Good standard of written and spoken English.
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- Good attention to detail.
- Flexibility, for example, to be able to react appropriately to changing priorities and be able to multi-task.
For more information please call Mike Brown on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.