30000-40000 Per Annum
over 1 year ago
Location: Sutton in Ashfield
Salary: Negotiable depending upon experience
Based on a 39 hour working week (Mon - Thurs 7.30am to 4.30pm, Friday 7.30 - 12.30pm)
A local precision machining company who manufacture specialised parts for the Aerospace industry are now looking for an experienced Aerospace TIG Welder to join their team. This will be on an initial contract basis.
TIG WELDER - Duties and responsibilities
This position reports to the Production Manager.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings or customer specific drawing including welding symbols
- Produce parts of a right first-time basis
- Ability to use hand held measurement equipment including height gauges and Vernier's
- Dressing of welds, finishing and deburring using various hand and machine tools.
- Working to tight tolerances and customer deadlines
- Understanding of industry standards (NADCAP and AS9100)
- Ability to adapt new working methodologies and lean process,
- Responsible for highlighting not conforming parts to the Production Manager.
- Personal Attributes:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team or own their own
- Works to lean methodologies
TIG Welder - Person requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the aerospace industry as a TIG Welder. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold an NVQ level 3 / City & Guilds in welding and fabrication
- Well versed with TIG Welding equipment and knowledge of working with Aluminum, Steel and Titanium.
- Experience with welding thin gauge material (0.35mm up to 2mm)
- Experience in aerospace welding is vital as components need to pass X-ray and be fit to fly.
TIG Welder - Industry experience
Aerospace (ideal), Nuclear, Medical or Automotive (high end), Motorsport:
Working to AS9100 / EASA Part 21 (G) standards (ideal).
SALARY DEPENDANT ON EXPERIENCE
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.