30000-37000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 1 year ago
Timber Frame Designer
My client a leading design and manufacturer of timber frame properties is looking for a Timber Frame Designer to join their team. This is a great opportunity to join a company who have sustained year on year growth and have been well established in the market for a number of years.
- Assisting in the design of timber frame houses, extensions, garages, outbuildings and other structures. Working from sales briefs and quotes, architects' or Sketchup drawings produce detailed project drawings, including planning, construction and building control drawings
- Progressing projects through planning application process
- Liaise internally with sales, operations and production departments; externally with planning and building control departments, as well as directly with clients as necessary
- Site visits as required
- Identifying and resolving technical issues and queries, producing technical drawings including timber frame jointing, and producing CNC machine files
- Producing standard detail drawings and build instructions
My client are looking for a self-motivated and proactive person, preferably of engineering background, with 5-6 years' experience in detailed building design (timber frame experience would be an advantage).
- Excellent knowledge of 3D AutoCAD (with Architecture bolt-on a benefit) and good knowledge of Revit is essential
- A knowledge of HSB CAD on Autodesk products would be a great advantage but not essemtial.
- A good knowledge of Sketchup
- Experience exporting to some CNC machines would be an advantage
- Experience in construction detailing and building regs drawings (good working knowledge of current building regulations) is essential
- Experience in planning applications and building regs applications
- Understanding of the engineering concepts of construction
If this position sounds of interest or you would like to hear more, please call Niz on 0161 976 3540.