50000-55000 Per Annum
8 months ago
Tooling Design Engineer
Salary: Circa £50k
A large forging & manufacturing company are now looking for an Tooling Design Engineer to join their team.
Tooling Design Engineer - SUMMARY
Prepare the more advanced design and general arrangement drawings undertaken by the Drawing office; and layout and detail drawings as required.
Tooling Design Engineer - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Prepares, from information obtained personally and/or provided by others, the more advanced design and general arrangement drawings undertaken by the Drawing office; and layout and detail drawings as required. The drawing should comply with engineering standards currently in force and be suitable for reproduction.
- Extrusion and Cold Drawing tool design with elements of reverse engineering and Finite Element Analysis and feasibility study of sales enquiries utilizing in-house software
- Carry out fault diagnosis/direction and provide rapid response to assist breakdown situations to the engineering areas.
- Maintain Drawing database within miquest maintenance system
- Examine available information and determine from engineering calculations, standard reference sources, such factors such as loads applied, effect of environmental conditions, resultant stresses in mechanical and structural elements and powers required. Identify the need for and recommend involvements of specialists to advice on certain areas and assist in subsequent activities.
- Derives actual dimensions, tolerances, areas, volumes, weights etc. to prepare working drawings. Considers the feasibility of and most effective and economical means of manufacture considering Company design principles, engineering stock holdings and standards.
- Present information concerning draughting assignments to Engineering and Production Managers, outlining alternative approaches, recommendations, problems etc. Report on the progress of work.
- Take measurements on site, or at the bench to obtain adequate engineering detail concerning materials, clearances, methods of manufacture etc. to enable preparation of working drawings.
- Maintain records pertaining to work assignments and any other records required by the Design Department.
- Keep ahead of technical developments.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Tooling Design Engineer - EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will come from a foundry or casting company as a Tooling Design Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Minimum – HNC Engineering/Design
- Calculations and expertise with metals and other materials.
- Tooling design and sound knowledge of CAD software.
- Develop product sketches and designs.
- Good technical, interpersonal and communication skills,
- A solution orientated and practical problem solver experiences in collecting and analysing data.
- Self-disciplined, quality orientated, innovative and creative.
- Experience of implementing and auditing ISO 45001 & ISO 14001
- Experience working in a higher hazard industry and with some process safety experience
HSE Manager - Competencies
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of EHS regulatory requirements
- Understanding of cultural change and process safety
- High level of self-motivation to perform and succeed
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and use own initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Excellent working knowledge of all MS Office applications and internet applications.
- Excellent people management skills
- Performs all aspects of the position according to the PCC Code of Conduct and SOX guidelines
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.