25000-30000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
12 months ago
Location Information – Trafford Park
Hours of Work: 3 Shift pattern
Salary £25 – £30k (plus shift and attendance allowance)
A local manufacturer is now looking for a Turner to join their team.
Skilled conventional turner required to work on a variety of production machinery. While the role is primarily to set and run centre lathes, experience on turret mills is also required.
The Turner will work safely on a number of machines or processes and will be expected to meet set production and quality targets on a daily basis
Turner - Key Accountabilities
The Production Operative has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Ensure any activities you carry out are done with Health and Safety criteria at the forefront – i.e ensure Safe Working Procedures, Risk Assessments and Lock out/Tag Out procedures are read and understood before operating any equipment on site.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping standards in any area you operate
- Ensure documentation is completed fully and accurately when performing any duties on the shop floor.
- Raise any performance or H&S issues immediately with the shift leader or supervisor.
- Make suggestions on how to improve the processes in relation to production quality or manufacturing time.
- Meet production and quality criteria on a daily basis.
- Carry out quality checks on products and record the information accurately.
- Assist in training and mentoring new operatives and apprentices in that cell
- To carry out additional reasonable duties as required by business needs.
Turner - Qualifications and experience
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working in a target driven environment
- Performing Manufacturing Operations NVQ (desirable)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working on turret mills or bed mills (essential)
- Knowledge of machining composite materials (desirable)
For more information, please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.