0161 976 3540
8 months ago
A large electrical engineering business based in Kendal are looking for a Works Coordinator to join their team. The business works across electrical, fire and security, testing and inspection, control systems and automation and data.
Works Coordinator - Responsibilities would include:
- Be a point of contact in the office for both new and existing customers.
- Assist the Engineering Operations Director with the organisational/operational element of the company, including assisting with the planning/allocation of labour resources and the scheduling of workloads.
- Producing health & safety documentation ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Producing technical documentation (cable schedules, component data sheets, etc).
- Delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Liaising with customer to develop and propose engineering and installation solutions to customer requirements
- Ordering materials and checking they are correct for site.
- Attending site progress meetings and client meetings as required.
- Assisting with site commercial & technical queries.
- Preparing quotes for any additional work.
- Ensuring all site documentation is being completed (test sheets, point of work risk assessments, electrical permits).
- Issuing final documents (drawings, certificates, O&M manuals).
- Working with the NICEIC qualifying supervisors to ensure the installations are installed to the relevant standards.
- Assist with tender packages and the production of quotations during busy periods
Works Coordinator – Person Requirements:
- At least five years relevant professional experience in an electrical or electrical engineering role.
- The ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines.
- Health and safety awareness and the ability to produce method statements and risk assessments.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- The confidence and ability to work unsupervised.
- An appetite to learn new skills and systems.
- The ability to work well within a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Competence in the use of IT with knowledge of Microsoft products
- Previous experience in a management position or similar role.
- Knowledge or experience in any of the following: Pump control systems, control panel building/modifications, production of electrical CAD drawings, machine safety systems, PLC & HMI systems.
- Electrical Engineering Qualifications.