40000-80000 Per Annum & Package
about 2 months ago
Building Services Manger – Manchester - Permanent - £Neg & Package
About the Company:
My client is one of the leading office fit out contractors in Manchester, they have been established for over 15 years. They have an open-door policy where everybody is recognised for the work that they do and appreciated for their contributions towards the company’s success.
About the Projects:
Projects will be based in Manchester with the odd job in surrounding areas such as Leeds Projects are predominantly D&B Office fit outs but they also cover refurbishments, education and retail works. Projects can range in value from £1M - £20M, with average job values circa £2 - £5M.
Purpose of Role – BSM
- Reviewing installation plans and specifications to ensure that they deliver what the building/client needs.
- Advising the design team on the co-ordination of services within the overall building design, for example, advice on how much space is needed above the ceilings to accommodate ventilation systems and other services.
- Reviewing prices for services work.
- Testing and checking installations.
- Making sure jobs meet building regulations and health and safety requirements.
- Attending meetings and presenting ideas and progress reports to managers and clients.
- Advising clients on how the building services will operate once the building is complete.
- Helping to protect the environment by keeping energy wastage to a minimum within the building services.
- All other reasonable tasks assigned to you from time to time from your manager.
Candidate Requirements – Building Services Manager:
Building Services Managers must be technically minded and have good team working skills. Although you may not think it, building services can have a drastic effect on the layout and appearance of a building project so it is vital that a Building Services Manager can effectively communicate their views to a possibly resistant/sceptical audience.
The ideal Building Services Manager MUST have a CSCS card and be professionally accredited. You will be experienced in office fit out projects and have delivered multiple projects simultaneously.
You will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience at Building Services Management level, a proven reputation within the industry and a structured career history.
You will need to have an excellent understanding of managing budgets for large construction projects and have extensive client relationship management abilities.
Ideally you will come from an electrical background but my client are open to candidates from mechanical also.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.