22000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
5 months ago
Salary: Circa £22k
Buyer - Responsibilities would include:
- Understand the full operational scope of the project by liaising with the relevant departments and attending project handover meetings and progress meetings.
- Review the material budgets issued by the estimator to ensure these are split in the correct phases and logged under relevant material type headings within Expenditure Tracker document.
- Send out enquiries for appropriate materials, collate and analyse quotations based on cost and lead-in duration.
- Placing of orders, ensuring they are clear, concise, correct, include a value, delivery date and any other logistics constraints.
- Where possible, consolidate purchases of materials to achieve maximum economic benefit.
- Ensure materials purchased are to the required specification, as stated on the drawings/schedules.
- Review of tendered budgets against purchase orders to check whether orders are within budget or not.
- Understanding what items are within the scope of works and what are variations to contract to ensure that budgets are allocated correctly and providing costs of variations to the Commercial department.
- Working with the Project Managers to ensure that all deliveries are planned, notifying them of suppliers contact details so they can make the necessary arrangements with delivery restrictions to site.
- Organising and planning the Rhino delivery driver with information of the small deliveries required to site.
- Taking in, signing for and checking small orders delivered to the office.
- To ensure that any specific delivery requirements or restrictions are notified to the supplier and complied with.
- Keep up to date with programme changes throughout the projects and advise on any change in material availability, good communication with Project Managers and Designers are required.
- To ensure where possible only suppliers with whom we have a commercial trading agreement are utilised.
- Exploring new suppliers to assist and complement current supply chain where necessary.
- Utilising existing stock on projects to minimise additional expenditure by keeping on top of stock levels in Rhino small stores and off-site storage area.
- Liaising with Rhino storeman to keep on top of what materials go in and out of the yard / office and updating records to suit.
- Rhino Storeman and Delivery driver are the same person; therefore, it may mean that occasional trips to our external storage yard are required in their absence.
- Working with Rhino Storeman to keeping office stores tidy and clear of obstructions.
- Keep track of Rhino equipment and which sites they are on.
- Managing lifting accessories by keeping on top of expiry dates, arranging for them to be re-tested / certified.
- Analyse, compare, and review monthly supplier material & plant reports.
- To deal with any invoice queries in accordance with the company procedure.
- With the support of the commercial manager, fully understand the planned costs, verify the monthly costs posted to the project, forecast future expenditure, and incorporate this information into the progress reports.
- To continually monitor the cost plan, ensuring that the best available rates are achieved for the company and report to the project team current anticipated spend values.
- To maintain a regular dialogue with the project teams.
- Site visits are encouraged to understand the materials being ordered, materials being installed and appreciate site constraints being faced etc.