0161 976 3540
13 days ago
A well-established electronics manufacturer are looking for a Buyer to join their team. Their main purpose will be to carry out procedures related to purchasing with a focus on ensuring materials received and issued to kits to optimize production flow.
Buyer – Job Role:
- Follow the supplier approval process and company work-instructions. Mentor the Purchasing team to do the same. Build collaborative relationships with suppliers. Conduct business reviews.
- Adhere to current purchasing policy, keep commercially aware and operate to ensure best cost of ownership. Keep aware of changing regulations regarding customs, Incoterms, conflict minerals RoHs status and other customer driven requirements for materials. Work to ISO9001 and AS9100 quality requirements.
- Ensure correct materials are purchased within budgeted costs and on time, taking into account appropriate stock levels (stock turns), attrition factors and customer or internal requirements. Adhere to the companiesanti-counterfeit policy and log/review excess inventory.
- Review PCNs and follow procedure to communicate out the ramifications to internal departments and to Customers.
- Process purchase orders using Epicor and current preferred methodology. Ensure orders are loaded accurately and all other relevant data is kept up to date. Manage supplier order books.
- Work with the Buyers and Expeditor to clear contract review activity, shortage reports and kit checks in a timely manner. Provide materials status reports as directed by Manager.
- Demonstrate excellent negotiation and communications skills at all levels. Present a role-model manner, supportingpolicies and the management team.
- Cover purchasing tasks for absent colleagues. Arrange/conduct project buying tasks as directed by the business.
- Train/mentor/coach new and current team members.
- Follow and uphold the Company’s environmental policy, procedures and instructions in order to minimize environmental impacts from its activities.
Buyer – Person Requirements:
- Background in Electronics
- A desire to work within a dynamic and fast paced environment, be passionate and focused, to drive and evolve the role.
- Have excellent communication skills and be committed to delivering a high level of customer care. Teamwork is vital being approachable and supportive, as is the ability to work independently, with initiative and proactively.
- Ability to work under pressure within strict seasonal critical paths and development timelines is essential.
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and effectively.